Braces / Orthodontics
With experienced Orthodontist at Kanamaneni Multispeciality Dental Hospital enjoy the best Orthodontic/Braces treatment in Kukatpally near Vivekananda Nagar, Hyderabad
We offer the latest in orthodontic/braces treatment in Kukatpally near Vivekananda Nagar, Hyderabad, including Invisible braces (Lingual braces), customized lingual brackets, ClearPath and wires (i-Braces).
This is how braces works & aligns the teeth
What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a medical treatment used to treat damage to teeth and jaws. In the Greek language, ‘orthos’ means straight and perfect and ‘doctors’ means teeth. So, orthodontics is a treatment for having perfect teeth without any damage. It is a specialized treatment for people with teeth not properly positioned inside the mouth and creates problems or imperfection to the facial structure. This imperfection of the teeth often termed as malocclusion which creates a problem for the patient in eating or biting food material. Orthodontics, besides treating the improper positioning of the teeth also used to treat other facial developments like jaws etc. This is a treatment which is also medically termed as cosmetic dentistry as it is used to recreate or fine tune the facial structure and appearance with the help of surgery.
Orthodontists who are specialized in orthodontics treatment use various medical instruments and tools like braces, plates, headgears and others to treat imperfections of the teeth, mouth, and jaws.
What Do Orthodontists Do?
There are various treatments that an orthodontist does and they are as follows:
- They help in removing the gaps between the teeth so the teeth get connected well without having any inconsistent gaps.
- Orthodontics helps in re-aligning of the teeth and it is one of the best procedures for correcting the non-alignment of teeth.
- Some people have teeth which are not in proper shape or crooked. They can improve their shape, positioning of the teeth as well as the facial structure with the help of orthodontics.
- Orthodontics is highly helpful in improving the overall dental structure which in turn helps in removing the problems or issues related to eating food or speaking.
- This procedure is highly recommended by the orthodontist for improving the health of the gums, teeth, and jaws and for protection and cure of any oral health problems.
- Orthodontics prevents the wear and tear of teeth in long term and also helps in recovering the teeth from any kind of the trauma or damage and maintains the oral hygiene.
- Through orthodontics surgeries and treatment, facial appearances can be improved and it takes care of overall oral hygiene.
How To Know If One Needs Orthodontics?
The symptoms which make you aware of the need for an orthodontist’s appointment are as follows:
Protruding Front Teeth: There is a high risk of an accident if you have protruding teeth in the front as if you fall on your front; your lips or jaw can get badly hurt by those big protruding teeth. Orthodontic surgery and treatment can easy make those protruding teeth in proper shape and helps in prevention of major accident.
De - shaped Teeth: the Improper shape of the teeth calls for an appointment with the orthodontists. Due to the improper positioning or shape of the teeth, the patient may suffer from various oral problems which can be treated completely with the help of orthodontists.
Crowding: It is a problem when the teeth grow one above another or overlaps each other due to insufficient space in the jaws. To solve this problem, normally orthodontists remove one or more teeth to make sufficient room for the teeth to grow properly.
Deep - Bite: This problem occurs when the teeth from upper jaw come over the teeth of the lower jaw and are termed as scrunched. People with such problem finds it difficult to bite or chew food and often bite more than what they want to.
Asymmetrical Teeth: This is an issue of uneven and de-shaped teeth. The teeth are not balanced in shape and size, so when the mouth is closed they don’t match and also becomes visible in between the lips even when the mouth is closed.
Open Bite: This problem occurs when the patients have clenched teeth and there is a gap between teeth of the upper and lower jaw.
Cross Bite: When one or more teeth from the upper jaw don't properly grow and don't match with the teeth of the lower jaw, the person faces problem in eating and biting food and things. These teeth are closer either towards the tongue or towards the cheek.
Under Bite: It happens when the teeth in the upper jaw are pushed backward and in some cases, the lower jaw can also be backward.
Spacing: It is one of the common problems which can be treated with orthodontics when there are gaps or spaces in between the teeth.
How Does Orthodontics Treatment Work?
Any orthodontic surgery or treatment takes around a span of 6 to 30 months to completely cure the dental problem. Moreover, this time span depends on the problem of the patient, the kind of treatment done and the tools or the instruments used for the treatment and finally the capability of the patient’s body to get cured or the perseverance of the patient.
There are mainly three stages in any orthodontics treatment:
- Planning Stage: During this phase, the orthodontists diagnose the problem of the patient and understand the same so that he or she can apply the right procedure to re-align the teeth. The dental assessments which took place during the first few session of the treatment:
- Assessment of oral problems and hygiene
- Problems related to casting or Biting
- Panoramic X-Rays are done
- Digital Images are taken
- Other images of the teeth and oral area are captured
- Action Stage: Based on the diagnoses, the orthodontists treat each patient differently that is according to the different need and requirement of the patients. Personalized treatment is given to treat individual problems and to re-align the teeth, personalized devices for dental treatments are used. The devices so used can be movable or fixed depending on the problem of the patient and the treatment. Fixed Braces are traditional tools for dental treatment in orthodontics which are single dental brackets connected with an arch wire. Lingual braces are used on the inside part of the teeth to make them invisible.
The removal braces can be worn for a specific amount of time in a day when needed and as prescribed. There are headgears, Invisalign system and facemasks which accelerate the treatment.
There is a continuous need for visiting the orthodontists as they adjust and check the instruments and also check the improvement. If fixed braces or other instruments of the treatment attached to the teeth are broken, the patient needs to immediately contact and visit the orthodontists.
- Retention Stage: After the required span of time, when the teeth are properly aligned and the problem which the patient was facing is solved, the braces are removed. Only customer retainers are prescribed by the orthodontists, which the patients need to wear for a particular span of time or hours in a day. This is required so that the teeth don’t get nonaligned again. Reforms in the jaw bone help in stabilizing the proper alignment of the teeth.
How To Take Care During The Treatment?
During and afterward the treatment, there are certain things that the patient must take care of which also helps in magnifying the benefit of the treatment. Here are those ways which can help the patient to reap maximum out of the orthodontic treatment:
- Brushing or Flossing with Braces: When there are braces on the teeth, the patient must gently brush the teeth and floss carefully to avoid any damage to the braces.
- Healthy Diet: It is important to take care of the diet during the treatment. The patient must follow and eat the prescribed food and avoid those foods which are asked to be avoided.
- Protection of the Braces: It is important to protect the braces from any kind of damage. People, who have braces for the treatment and are into physical sport, must use a mouth guard to protect any kind of mishap. The mouth guard needs to be customized according to the patient’s need and as prescribed by the orthodontists.
- Troubleshooting of the Braces: In case, any part or the whole of the brace is broken, the patient must contact the orthodontists without any delay. It is the duty of the patient to regularly check the wire and brackets of the braces. Even if the brackets are loosening up, the orthodontists must be contacted.
Orthodontics for Adults
The ClearPath braces are invisible. These are perfect alternative to the traditional metal braces. Where the metal braces are quite unpleasant to wear and provides discomfort; the ClearPath braces are clinically proven solution and are cosmetic braces which perfectly suits all lifestyle. These braces are the best way to heal any kind of dental disorder (malocclusion) and account for predictable results, prior to beginning of treatment. These are most effective and largely preferred by patients.
General Braces for Adults
The regular braces put gentle pressure to move teeth, into proper position, over time. Orthodontists glue brackets to the front of teeth and attach a wire. This wire is tightened every 4 to 6 weeks, depending on the treatment. Both teeth and jaws move to their correct position, gradually. Fit takes around 18 months to 36 months for regular braces to work effectively and give the desired results. Apart from regular ones, there are metallic braces, where the brackets are of the same color as the patient’s teeth. This makes them more difficult to be visible.